· All volunteers of North Adams Community Schools are required to have an approved Background Check on file with the school corporation. Background checks for potential volunteers are based on a limited check that verifies database searches for criminal records, Department of Correction records, sex offender registries, and driving records. Volunteers are authorized based on satisfactory background check results which must be updated annually.
Occasionally, limited background checks are conducted and there is not enough information to authorize/issue satisfactory background check results. In those cases, the individuals will be required to provide fingerprints in order to complete the background check screening process. If fingerprinting is requested, you will receive a letter by U.S. Mail with detailed instructions.
Volunteer Application Process
1. Plan EARLY – 14 days of processing time required
2. ONE form per adult – If you have multiple students, please list on same form
3. Mail or hand-deliver completed volunteer application to:
North Adams Administration Office (625 Stadium Drive Decatur, IN 46733)
DO NOT EMAIL APPLICATION FORMS.
4. Complete volunteer trainings – To be approved as a building volunteer, you are required to complete 2 short trainings: Bloodborne Pathogens and Bullying Prevention – A link will be emailed to you.
5. Once your trainings are completed, the criminal history check will be conducted with the Indiana State Police. You will be notified of the results.
6. If you’re ready to volunteer, complete the volunteer application below to start the process.