Preparing our students for success in the workplace is central to Bellmont Career Academy. Our students apply practical skills for everyday achievement, learning the key terminology, mechanics, technical skills, and application knowledge for a career pathway in Construction, Manufacturing, Transportation or Welding. The best step toward a successful career begins with the Bellmont Industrial Tech program.
WELCOME TO BELLMONT HIGH SCHOOL!
If you’re just visiting, please let us know if there’s any help we may provide. In case you’re potentially looking for a high school, let us tell you a little about Bellmont and why we’re a premiere high school in northeastern Indiana!
We are an academically "A" - rated high school by the Indiana Department of Education! We serve around 700 students in grades 9-12. So, we’re small enough to know one another, but large enough to offer a comprehensive array of programs and experiences to help prepare every student for life after high school. Check out just a few of the opportunities at Bellmont High School:
- Bellmont Early College: BHS is one of only three fully-endorsed early colleges in the State. That means that BHS students are able to earn a large number of college credits while in high school; however, BHS tries to make sure that our students’ credits are intentionally linked to what they want to do and are highly transferable. Too, through the program, students go on two college visits each year and receive supports in applying to and financing college. In fact, many of our BEC participants earn anywhere from 20-42 college credits, have at least one year of college completed by graduation, and save on average $20,000 in tuition expenses.
- Bellmont Career Academy: BHS is also developing a similar preparatory program for our students heading into the trades or other vocational programs. Through BHS, students have the opportunity to gain experience in automotive technology, building trades, welding, precision machining and manufacturing, pre-engineering, fire and rescue, criminal justice, health careers, agriculture, radio/TV, business, child care, education, and culinary arts. As part of BCA, our goal is that students will be able to visit a variety of trade schools and apprenticeship programs, businesses that represent high wage/in-demand careers, and have opportunities to participate eventually in competitive internships with local businesses.
- Special Education: BHS also has a strong special education program designed to push students to achieve rigorous individual goals with appropriate support as well as to develop strong self-advocacy, work-based, independent living, and self-regulation skills, as appropriate for the individual.
- Extra-Curriculars: An integral part of developing into a well-rounded adult is to be involved in structured activities that help teach interpersonal skills, leadership, dependability, time management, and resiliency. There is something for everyone here, whether in our athletic department or in clubs and activities. Get involved!
- Character: We are BRAVES. That’s the message we repeat often. We take seriously helping our students grow and develop as contributing citizens of their communities.
Our students receive a comprehensive educational experience at Bellmont High School that pushes them academically, allows them to grow as people, and prepares them for life after high school. If that sounds like where you’d like to be, then give us a call today to schedule a meeting or tour. We can’t wait to meet you!