Adams County Healthy Families
Adams County Healthy Families is part of the larger initiative of Healthy Families Indiana and Healthy Families America.
Healthy Families is a voluntary service designed to promote healthy prenatal and child development through a variety of services including:
- Parent Education
- Family Support
- Access to Health Care
The mission of Adams County Healthy Families is to promote positive and nurturing environments that optimize child growth and development and encourage resilient, healthy families.
- All Adams County parents of newborns
- All Adams County expectant parents
- Expectant and parenting teens who live in Adams County
- Begin services prenatally or postnatally continuing up to age three
- Provide services tailored to individual family needs and goals
- Connect families to appropriate community resources and services
- Offer trained family support specialist to provide home-based parenting education and family support
- Provide child development information and developmental screenings